Sunday 8 April 2012

Wonderful weather in March

March has been another busy month and some wonderful weather.

The first part of the month was preparing and brushing up skills for some outdoor leaders heading towards their Walking Group Leader Award, based on Dartmoor.  I have also spent a lot of time in my sea boat training and using some new wing paddles from Lettmann, although I am very comfortable in calm conditions, if I am going to use these as the main propulsion for Around Britain next year, I need to spend more time with the wing blades in rough water.


The rest of the month I have been delivering BCU/UKCC Coach Education Programmes around the country working alongside some really creative and inspiring directors and tutors.  I have also been delivering moderation events for Canoe England and the British Canoe Union for Directors for the Level 1 award and White Water Safety & Rescue providers.


The Around Britain 4 Britain website has had a facelift with text donation capabilities and more information on the sponsors backing the event for 2013.  If you want to get involved, help out or sponsor the worthwhile causes visit: www.aroundbritain4britain.co.uk

1 comment: